Saturday, July 17, 2010

Friday, July 16

Accessibility options:
I have known before that the option of accessibility is available in Windows settings, but I have never been there or tried to adjust the settings for a disabled person. Getting to experience it was really interesting to me because it is like an exercise to step into someone else’s shoes and sense the feeling of that. This exercise reinforces a lesson that I have learned before that disabled people are stronger than others when they have practiced how to thrive and succeed with their disability, because they miss what people are taking for granted but manage themselves.

Board Maker Plus:
Walking through Board Maker Plus today reminds me of my lesson slides that I develop by using PowerPoint, but obviously with PowerPoint it requires more effort to speak messages because I had to record my own voice, while with Board Maker Plus, it automatically reads the message, which is great. Moreover, developing lessons with Board Maker Plus is nice, fast, effective, and straightforward.
However, when thinking about an actual student profile the planning could take a while for the lesson to be customized to meet this specific student needs than it would take without Board Maker. The whole idea of a Board Maker lesson is amazing technology not only for special needs students but also for everyone as a complement to the book for extra exercises and practices. A lesson that I learned today, besides the main message of the course, is that the teacher should change the routine and sometimes boring daily activities in classrooms by adding some technological touches here and there. Moreover, it is more fun and rewarding for students to have the whole lesson in the computer and feel what independent learning could be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment